Friday, June 25, 2021

Now What?

In case you haven’t noticed, the last story is done.  So the questions is, now what?  I honestly don’t know.

 Writing the usual stuff I put in this blog has become difficult, but I’m trying to push past it.  It’s difficult, because back in November, I had cancer surgery.  The surgery lasted a lot longer than they anticipated, but in the end, the surgeon was satisfied that he had gotten all the cancer out of me.  (Hooray!)  It wasn’t until several months later though that I noticed something.  My entire libido was gone.  I had no interest in anything at all that would usually affect me sexually.  And now here’s the strange part, Karen, my alter ego, also seemed to be gone.  Which is strange because Karen was never a sexual thing for me.  Back what seems like a thousand years ago now, when I first began exploring and being Karen (in the closet of course), I learned that Karen wasn’t a sexual thing at all.  I simply felt more relaxed, more right, dressing as Karen.  Oh, and I did it a lot – within the confines of my home of course – with the curtains drawn!  But since the surgery, Karen doesn’t seem to live inside me anymore, and I miss her. 

 Recently though, in the last few months, I see small signs that things in those categories might be returning a little bit.  Once in a while, I get sexually interested again.  More often, I get interested for a little while, then nothing ever becomes of it for a few weeks, then it comes back.  So maybe, things are starting to return.  Some.  Maybe.

 In my quest to find the Karen side of me again, I’ve been going back and reading all of the Karen Singer books I’ve published over the years.  Most of them.  I’m not doing Baby Bobby or the McComber Switch, for now.  The rest of them are the ones that I consider to be my better books – the ones that really belong to what I like to think of as my transgendered lives collection.  I’m already working on another post about these books that includes my opinions and favorites.  It’ll be another week or so before I post that since I’m still reading.

 In the meantime, the question still remains.  What’s next?  I never finished Mercy Me.  I also wrote about two chapters in another story idea I had about a home invasion and the main character is kept in diapers and different forms of bondage all the time.  Do I go back to working on Mercy Me, or do I try and write the new story, or do I write something else.

 Or…do I write nothing at all. 

 I don’t want to close this blog.  At the least, it’s a way for me to let people know about any books I write (see the My Books page).  So if I’m going to keep it, then I might as well do something with it – like write stories.

 So please, tell me, what would you like to see?  Leave me a comment or send me an email (My Books page).  Let me know.  Give me some ideas – a story scenario or other idea, a story title, anything!  Challenge me!  I love to write, and right now, I’m not writing anything at all. 

 Please stay safe and healthy everyone!

Karen

6 comments:

JaimieS said...

Karen:
You have been one of my MOST Favorite Authors for several years. I have read or reviewed a total of 20 of your stories/books with 8 all time favorites for me, but that isn't my only reason for contacting you.
I am not sure if we are of the same vintage, as I am a 73 YO male. I really pray that you are over your bout with the Big C and that you don't lose your muse or love for Karen and your family. I can survive without your stories, as long as you are healthy (and Happy). I lost my wife to cancer almost 10 years ago. And, enough is too much.
Be safe,
An admirer,
JaimieS

P.S. Here is my list of your stories that are my favorites:
1. Girlish (A love story)
2. Hypnotized and Humiliated
3. Peace In The House
4. Sound Sissy
5. The Bet
6. The McComber Switch
7. Training with Wolfie
8. Twin Switch: Kelly and Mark

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of FEMDOM humifaction especially with an ABDL theme. In one of your stories you had a male who was made to cut the lawn in just his diaper, I almost died reading it . I have seen lots of short stories about guys forced into diapers and sissy clothing but not many longer ones.

Thanks for the hard work you put into these stories.

CEE said...

Karen: I have loved your stories for many years now. I do hope you do find it in your soul to keep writing and you so stay in good heath. I have loved both your use of diapers in you stories and femdom and control and changing males to have to deal with life and live as females. Please keep it up if you can I do look forward to seeing your next work

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,

I love your work. I have read all I could find and buy over the years. I rather like Jaimie's list, but am delighted and often surprised by all your stories. Some take my breath away. That you are still considering another story is more than any fan could ask. I hope you write what your spirit moves you to write. I will happily read it.

Thank you so for all you have shared. Fondly, Michelle Miller

Aurora said...

Wow this is tough timing.

I was writing and realized that Girlish was really where the style I was writing in came from. So I looked you up to see if you were still writing.

I found this post. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, and worse during the pandemic you had this on top of it.

I hope you make a great recovery. Thanks for the writing you have done and take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I'm glad you are better and got your computer replaced.
I love your stories and have an idea for you to freely use.
A young actor, short and babyfaced, arrives in Hollywood. He starts getting roles as "teenager #3" and is treated more as his roles age than his own. He eventually gets a costarring role as "the little sister" (10ish) and is treated as such. Finally getting a starring role as young Shirley Temple in a biopic. If you are not aware of her earliest film roles check them out.