Monday, October 16, 2023

Brain Dead

Hi all.

 No I’m not dead (yet).  Although sometimes it feels like it.  I do have more heath issues than I can shake a stick at.  Actually, I’m not sure how healthy it would be for me to shake a stick anymore.  I’m still alive though.  Still trying.  Still fighting.  Still getting through life the best I can.  I just have more issues to deal with than I used to.  The latest now is skin cancer, my second type of cancer to deal with. 

I do still love to write and I’m trying to write.  But for the last few months it’s not going very well.  I’m happy about the days when I can get a single sentence or story thought put down on a page.  The days when I can put several sentences or maybe even a few paragraphs together are great ones.  The days when I somehow manage to churn through several pages of story like I used to in a matter of minutes or hours are truly days to celebrate. 

I can’t tell you how frustrating it is for me now to sometimes not be able to remember a simple common word.  That seems to happen to me once in a while now.  I go for days, sometimes an entire week before that single simple word suddenly pops back into my head.  Weird!  And frustrating.  Growing old is LOTS of fun, but at least I’m still alive.

I am writing something though, although it’s another book in my own name.  It’s a three book superhero story I started early in the year that I’m still not done with.  I got through book one as quicky as usual, and it turned out fantastic.  Book two went pretty well too.  But as soon as I got into book three, the finale to the whole thing, my head went into la-la land and nothing seems to be coming out of it.  I can’t publish any of it until I finish it and it’s going nowhere.

If I ever do finish it, maybe I can get back to writing and finishing some of the stories I started here.  We’ll see.  As usual, no promises about anything anymore.  I do think about all of you often though.  I just can’t seem to get my brain going anymore.

 Love to you all,

Karen 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best.

Sarah-Wade said...

Looking forward to the superhero story. Goddess knows I've loved your mysteries. Get well

Anonymous said...

No matter what, it's always wonderful to hear from you. My best to you, Michelle Miller

JaimieS said...

Karen
Hang in there. My prayers are with you! I love your stories, but your Health must ome First
Jaimie

Anonymous said...

Karen: Encouragement and support from a just-discovered-you cross-dressing fan, of advanced age, also. I know myself all too well what you are experiencing. I've greatly enjoyed reading through your blog posts and I am amazed at all that you've produced and shared. Most of which tickles me in the right place. Was really worried by the long hiatus in your 2023 posts. To second @JamieS: "Hang in there, baby!" Best wishes and love from Kaitlyn.