Friday, January 24, 2020

Monsters - Chapter 4 – Two Firsts


Monsters
By Karen Singer


Chapter 4 – Two Firsts

Early the next morning, Brandy got out of the limousine.  Six other men, all with guns were already there.  Brandy looked the situation over.  “This is it?  This is the best you could do?”
“This is as good as we could arrange and still make sure you’re not seen,” one of the men told her.
Brandy wasn’t happy, but she knew she’d have to live with it.  In truth, it was no worse than any of the other times they had let her see Bobbie.  She was at least a hundred yards away.  As close as she would ever get to him again.  One of the men handed her a pair of binoculars.  She put them to her eyes to study the people on the other side of the school playground.  Bobbie was easy to spot.  She was the only adult out there amid about twenty kindergarten kids.
Bobbie had become a teacher.  Word was that Bobbie seemed to be very happy doing it.  More information than that, she couldn’t get.  Especially no information about other aspects of her life.  But here, she got to stand and watch from a distance as Bobbie took care of all her kids on the playground.
She was fascinated by how caring Bobbie was with them.  How she played with them and laughed with them.  Almost like a loving mother to each of them.  Her mind went back to high school when she had secretly watched Bobby and his mother.  The two of them had been so close, so loving.  Her own mother had barely ever talked to her. In high school, she had her own wing upstairs in the big house with everything she could ever want.  But her mother had never bothered with her much at all.  What was it like to have a mother who was that caring?  She had secretly watched Bobby and his mother.  She had done things to Bobby that should have permanently torn the two of them apart.  But as she watched, day after day, the two of them had managed to mend all their differences, and their love for each other kept them together.  The result…Bobby, was now Bobbie, with a bunch of her own kids in her charge to spread her love on.
The sound of a motorcycle driving up behind her caused her to look.  All the men had their guns out and were pointing them at the rider.  “Put your guns away!” she told them quickly.  Then a bit softer she said, “You probably couldn’t hit her anyway.  And I know for a fact she could kill all of you before any of you knew it was happening.”  She saw the men were still hesitant about lowering their guns.  “Let her through!” she told them all.  “She’s good!”  She watched as reluctantly the men did lower their guns.
Carol took her hand off her gun and removed her helmet.  She climbed off her bike and walked toward Brandy.  She was more than aware of all the men watching her closely.
“Give us some space,” Brandy told the guys.  A lot of space.”  The men backed away.  Some.  “What are you doing here?” Brandy asked.  “I thought you’d be long gone by now.”
“I’m on my way out of town now.  I just thought I’d stop one last time and check to make sure you haven’t changed your mind.”
“So you followed me again?”
“It was on my way.”
Brandy didn’t reply to that.  Instead, she turned and faced the children in the distance.  “What if I called someone about your offer last night?” she asked.
“I’m guessing you called Vinny.”
“Yes.  I did.  Does that get me in trouble with you?”
“With me?  No.  Probably not with anyone.  Did you mention to Vinny that we were going to offer the service to him too?”
“I did.”
“And what did he say?”
Brandy turned to face Carol.  “Before I told him you were interested in him too, he started ranting and raving about how he’d give his eye tooth to be on your client list.  Evidently, it’s some kind of honor to him.”
“I guess, some people might see it that way.  It’s not intended to be.”
“Well he thinks it is.  He told me I was crazy to turn you down.  And then when I told him you were going to offer it to him too, he suddenly got real happy.  I got the feeling he can’t wait to hear from you.”
“Good.  Let him know we’ll be in touch.  And you?  Are you still not interested?”
“Vinny said if I ever got the chance again, I should go for it.”
“Then you’re interested?”
“Yes.  But only since Vinny said I should.”
“Good enough.  I’ll have whoever contacts your uncle, get in touch with you right afterwards to give you all the access information.  I don’t carry that stuff.  Like I told you last night, I don’t do this stuff anymore.”
“I’ll let my uncle know,” Brandy told her.
“Good.”  Carol nodded towards the kids in the distance.  “You thinking about kids?”
“Me?  Heaven forbid!  No.  See the woman with them, the only adult out there?”
“Yeah.”
“He…was my first.”
“He?”
“My first…victim.”
“Ah!  But you said he.  So he, is now a she?”
“Yes.  He was my junior year high school project.”  She handed over the binoculars to Carol.  “At the beginning of the school year, I took one of the boys in the school…he was just an average kid, nothing wrong with him at all except that he was a year behind me…and I manipulated him like you wouldn’t believe.  I forced him to wear and use diapers at school for the entire school year.  After a while, I had him wearing them at home too.  And all the while I was gradually making him wear more and more feminine stuff at school, then later at home too, right in front of his mother.  Now…he…even though he didn’t want it at all, is stuck as a she.  But he was my first.  Unfortunately, now Uncle Vinny won’t let me get anywhere near him…or her.  He’d skin me alive if he even knew I was this close.”
Carol kept looking at the woman through the binoculars for a moment more before she handed them back to Brandy.  She pulled out her cellphone while Brandy watched the woman in the distance.  She sorted through what few pictures she had.  “Here,” she said to Brandy,” as she held the phone out for her to take.  “She’s my first.”
“Your first?” Brandy asked as she took the phone.  “This woman?”
“That woman used to be my high school math teacher.  His name used to be Roger.  Now he’s known as Candy girl the handy girl.”
“You took your high school math teacher and turned him into a woman?”
“Well, my mother was mostly responsible, but he was all mine to play with first.  And what you see in that picture, is the result.”
“Your mother?”
“Mom doesn’t like men, and she raised me to be the same way.  According to her, Roger was one of the few decent men she had ever met in her life.  But she couldn’t leave him that way.  Turning him into a woman was in her opinion a major step up in his life.  A reward of sorts.  But even though she made sure it happened, he was still my very first.”
“So we both got started in high school,” Brandy noted.
“Both of us in our junior year,” Carol added.
“And both of us, one way or another, turned our first victims from men, into women.”
“Something like that,” Carol replied.
Brandy studied the strange woman next to her.  “We’re more alike than we thought.”
Carol nodded.  “Strange, isn’t it.”
“Yeah.  It really is.”
Brandy turned and trained the binoculars on Bobbie in the distance again.  “Did your mother love you?” she asked as she continued to look.  “Did she really love you?  Did she spend any time with you?”
Carol considered it an odd question.  “Of course she did.  She still does.  Mom and me are very close.  She’s dedicated her whole life to me.”
“I can’t even imagine what that’s like,” Brandy told her.  “Bobbie out there, was incredibly attached to his mother too.  What I did to him somewhat pulled them apart for a while.  They both seemed to cry over it a lot, but they still got close again.  He refused to give up on her, and she refused to give up on him.  They had each other, and I never knew what to make of it.  I never understood how they could be that close.”
“What happened to your mother?” Carol asked.
“We may have lived in the same house, but I barely knew her.  She never spent any time with me.  I was raised more by our servants than by her.  When my father was murdered, it got worse.  Uncle Vinny took real good care of us though.  Especially me.  I have him to thank for everything.  He’s more like my father than an uncle.”
“Hm!” Carol chuckled.  “Finally, we found one way that we’re not alike.”
Brandy turned and smiled at her, but it was a very muted smile.  She turned back to looking through the binoculars.  “Have you ever been back to see your first?”
“Just a few days ago.  But like you, it had to be only from a distance.  I didn’t dare get much closer than you are now.  I kept my helmet on and my face shield down.  She never knew I was there.”
“So you’ve never talked to her?”
“I dare not.  It’s too dangerous for me.  If anyone ever found out I was even in this country, it would most likely start a major manhunt.  I don’t need that.”
“So one way or another, you can’t talk to your first either,” Brandy noted.  “Once again, we’re alike.”
“Once again,” Carol had to agree.


1 comment:

Kellie said...

Wondering where this is heading, just have to keep reading. Very interesting so far