Sunday, September 26, 2010

What A Week!

Wow, what a vacation week I’ve had! It started really nice with a few days in the mountains – and ended rather poorly with a few days in the hospital. But that’s the way things go sometimes. No, I didn’t get hurt. I’ve been having some issues with my heart again lately. And they kind of came to a head. I wound up back in the hospital where they kept me for a few days and did another heart catheterization on me. End result is that I’m on different medication now that’s so far, sending me for a loop.

But… I wanted to tell you all about something that I’m wondering about. I suspect… no, I’m just going to say that I think that the emergency room doctor that saw me in the hospital was transgendered. Reason? Well, first of all, there was the shape of her face. It was okay, but something about it just made me wonder. Then the biggest thing was when she spoke, her voice sounded much more like a slightly modified male voice than a female voice. Also, her hands and fingers were as big as mine, despite the fact that she couldn’t have been much taller than I am.

The only thing that makes me wonder if I’m wrong was her eyebrows. They were extremely bushy. Way more than most men I know. I would have thought that someone who had transitioned (or was in the process of) would be more inclined to trim them very feminine. However, maybe that’s the reason that I’m wrong and she was a real woman.

Bottom line, I wish I knew about her. Because if she was transitioned or transitioning, I’d love to congratulate her and wish her all the best. I’m jealous and wish I was her! I didn’t ask however due to common courtesy. As a doctor – and a person – she deserved to be treated however she wanted to be portrayed as and spoiling any illusion would have been wrong. Either way, I really do wish her my very best!

Okay. Next on the agenda. For those who are new to this story and want an easier way to get it all from the beginning, just email me at siskarensinger at yahoo dot you know where. I’ll email you a text document containing the story so far.

Also, I’ve been asked about my old ‘What Will I Wear’ program. I have that available too if you email me… But! I’m making no guarantees that it will work on your computer. I’m fairly sure it will work on most PC’s running Microsoft, but I’m not at all sure if you have a Mac. I don’t even remember if it has instructions or an installer with it. I just have this old zip file that you’d have to unpack and see what it does. I don’t have time to go further into it than that. Sorry! If someone wants to experiment with it, let me know.

Well, that about brings everything up to date. Oh, I’ll be posting the next installment of the story on Tuesday like normal.

Smile and be happy today. Please!
Karen

No comments: