Saturday, October 20, 2018

Satan's Daughter

Hello everyone,

Yes, I did.  I wrote another book – as most of you already know since I’ve been telling you it’s coming.  It’s called Satan’s Daughter. 

I like to think that every one of my books is very different from all the others that I’ve written, and the only thing I can say about this one is that it is by far the MOST different. 

From the title and some of the content you would think that this is a horror story – which it is…except it isn’t.  You might think it’s a suspense, which it is…but it isn’t.  A mystery?  Absolutely!  But really, it’s not.  A love story?  Some would be quick to point out that yes it is, while others will probably disagree.  The most I can say about it, is that…it’s different.  Was that a big help? 

The book is available in both the Kindle eBook version, and the paperback version (in another day or so).  You can find the book in the Amazon Kindle store right here:  https://www.amazon.com/Satans-Daughter-Karen-Singer-ebook/dp/B07JKM3TQN/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1540034316&sr=1-1&keywords=Satan%27s+Daughter+Karen+Singer



One of the very un-important things about this book is that for an author who has made a career out of writing overly detailed and therefore lengthy stories, this one is notable for its relative lack of details.  But all the details I’ve put into the book are the only ones you need.  You’ll have to use your imagination for anything else.

In my opinion, the very beginning of this book is the strangest one I’ve ever written.  It is absolutely the worst place imaginable to start a story, but that’s where I started it.  And…I like it.  So you’ll have to live with it!  So there!  Yes, I’m childishly sticking my tongue out at you.

Most of my books take me about three months to write.  But with this one, my magic fingers wiggled so fast that I wrote it in about three weeks.  That’s how interesting I found this story. 

People come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities.  Transgendered people do too – right inside that small select community.  Everyone is different.  And so is this character.  So now this is a new addition to what I like to think of as my Transgendered Lives collection:
Second Life, Second Chance
The Winds of Chaos
The McComber Switch
Cinder
Victim Number Three
And now I add – Satan’s Daughter


Here’s the teaser I’m using for the book:

Evil was a world unto itself.  A difficult drowning pit of black slime that was impossible to climb out of.  I hadn’t fallen into that pit.  I had jumped with both feet.  Willingly.  Embracing it fully.  I didn’t know then that trifles like happiness and beauty would be lost to me.  I’d had no idea.  I only knew that evil was the best course for me, and I went.  Willingly.  Forever.

Born into an enormously wealthy family where wealth can cover up almost anything, David was diagnosed as being transgendered when he was only three years old.  Due to his young age, his parents decided to wait a few years before doing anything about it.  When he was five, just before they were going to try letting him live as a girl to see how he’d do, the evil showed up, and all plans to let him live a different life changed. 
One horrible thing after another seemed to happen.  Before long, David wasn’t just labeled as bad, he was branded as evil.  But it wasn’t until he was nineteen that he decided to really go searching for all that evil within him.  It wasn’t until then that he decided to fully embrace that evil.  In doing so, he committed the most horrible act against his own family that he was able to conceive. 
Leaving home and all his family’s wealth behind, David wandered, waiting for the police to catch up with him.  When they didn’t, he finally decided to stop into a gender reassignment clinic to satisfy his curiosity, and wound up beginning a journey he should have started when he was just a small child.
There could be no forgiveness, but the wealth of the family he wanted nothing to do with ever again, refused to leave him alone.  Over and over again they tried to buy his love.  But not only did David not want their money, long ago he had learned that love was a silly concept that didn’t exist.
I invite you now to meet a VERY troubled young man.  The evil child.  His name is David – Satan’s daughter.


Please check the book out.  I know you’ll enjoy it. 

No comments: