Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Next Story – Training with Wolfie



I’d like to thank those of you who left me comments and sent me emails letting me know what you’d like for the next story.  I must say, I was quite surprised by some of them – and what the majority of the responses told me.

A long time ago (I have no idea how long, and I’m not going to bother looking it up) I mentioned a story I had started but had never finished.  I must have mentioned it because several of you mentioned that exact story in your wishes.  So based on that, and the fact that it was one of my considerations for my next story, that’s the one I will be bringing you.  To be honest, it’s about time I finished the thing anyway.  It’s too intriguing a story to leave hanging where I left off with it (somewhere in the middle of chapter 9).  And yes, for those of you who don’t know or remember anything about that story, it’s about someone who is forced to live as a dog. 

I  think the reason I never finished the story or posted it here, was that I was afraid that the subject matter would chase away too many of my readers.  But since you’ve asked for it, and it is such an interesting story, I’m going to go ahead and start posting it.  For those of you who don’t think you’ll be interested, please try giving the story half a chance.  Like I said, it is very intriguing.

I’m not sure when exactly I started this story, but I think it was back in 2011 or 2012.  My first title for it was Dog Training 101.  I was afraid that it might get confused though with an actual manual on how to train a dog – which this is not.  It went through a number of different trial titles after that and finally settled on Dog Training with Wolfie, and I left it there for its long hiatus.  But now I finally see the light and I’ve simply left out the word “dog,” and so the title for this piece will be “Training with Wolfie.” 

Uh…in case you haven’t figured it out yet, Wolfie in the story is a real dog…and actually was a real dog.  In fact, Wolfie was my wife’s dog when I first met her over a quarter of a century ago.  He was a cross between a German Shepherd and a Husky – just like in the book.  The real Wolfie was VERY protective of my wife and family, but like the dog in the book, was basically a very friendly and loving pet otherwise.  In fact, the dog loved to go swimming in the lake with her and her kids and would literally grab the rope on their big raft and pull the kids all over the lake.  It was one of the dog’s favorite things to do.  And holy cow that dog had some pulling power – especially on dry land!  About the only problem I know of with Wolf (the dog’s real name – my wife usually called him Wolfie though) was that Wolf went crazy every time he got loose and would go after the chickens one of our neighbors had.  Thank goodness for big fences! 

So that’s the next story coming up, and I do hope you will all give it half a chance.  You just may find yourself fascinated by it.  I know I am!

And yes, Satan’s Daughter is still coming.  I’m having some problems with my cover guy getting back to me with the changes I want.  I don’t know what’s going on there since he usually goes out of his way to get me everything very fast.

So starting with my next post, I do hope you’ll enjoy Training with Wolfie.  Oh, and please take some time and go out of your way to do something nice for yourself today.  Whether you think so or not, you deserve it.

Karen

1 comment:

Chicago Karen said...

Loved it when Candi was sent into “dog mode” in The Housekeeper. On occasions when I spend time with a professional Mistress, I like to role play as a poodle named Fifi. (Not very original on the name, sorry). A little fetch, a lot of grooming, petting and cuddling.
So this should be right up my alley.