Thursday, August 2, 2018

Progress On My Next Published Book


Hello darlings!  Please, just call me Marissa.  Karen asked me to stop in and tell you all how things are progressing on her new book.  Yes, yes, I know I’m just a character in the book, and a very minor character at that.  But trust me, there’s nothing minor about me at all!  I mean, look at me.  I was born to be the life of the party.  I was born to spread my wings and fly!  You’d think Karen would have written the book about me.  But no, she had to go and write it about poor little Jillian instead, and in the book she describes me as acting like an outrageous drag queen.  Well, okay.  Perhaps a bit.  Perhaps more than a bit.  But I mean, a woman in my position has to grab all the fun she can get!  And darlings, I love to have fun!
 
And yes, perhaps Jillian does have an interesting story.  Absolutely unbelievable.  I mean, what happened to her was just awful!  But really, I’m just as interesting as Jillian is, in fact more!  But no.  Karen decided to write about Jillian, and I guess I’m lucky I was even included in the book at all.  And I did sooo much to help poor Jillian out.  You’d think Karen would have given me more credit for everything I did.  Oh well.  The story of my life.  I have to make the best of things as I always do.

So anyway, Karen asked me to tell you that the book is coming along very nicely.  No, it’s not quite ready for her to publish it yet.  But she’s getting there with it.  Sort of.  I mean, just last night on the way home from work I had to inform her of a tiny little detail in the book that was absolutely wrong!  So now Karen has to fix it today.  You don’t think I’d let her release a story like that and have anything so obviously wrong would you?  Heaven forbid!  But that’s what I do I guess.  I help out my friends.  And when they come to me for help, I take care of everything for them.

Oh darlings!  I want so badly to tell you so many things about the book, but stingy Karen says I can’t.  I can’t even tell you the title!  The closest she’ll let me say about it is that the title is VN3…whatever that’s supposed to mean.  Ridiculous!  Why can’t she just let me tell you what it is and be done with it?  But not Karen.  Just between you and me, I think she seriously needs her head examined.  She won’t even let me tell you about Sully, mister tall, dark and hunky!  And if I can’t tell you about a man like that, then you know Karen needs some serious help!

Oh!  And I mustn’t forget.  For the first time ever, Karen reached out to the man she had create the cover for the last book she released as her “real” self (her man side that we won’t talk about).  She had him create a cover for this book that she absolutely loves.  Personally, for me, I think it’s a little on the dark side, but yes, I do agree with Karen that it pretty much sets the mood for what the book is about.  And since her cover guy (I wonder what he looks like) also created a full cover for a printed edition, Karen is going to try to put together a print version of the book as well. 

So unfortunately dears, that’s about all that Karen will let me say.  It’s soooo disappointing.  But do rest assured that the book is still coming along nicely and Karen does hope to publish it sometime in the month of August.  Maybe Karen will let me have a little fun before then and tell you more about it sometime.  But if you’re ever in Atlanta, you can find me several nights a week in the Gladiolas Club.  Stop in and see me, and I’ll tell you all the dirt about this book, and about Jillian and Sully, and even Karen herself! 

Bye darlings!

No comments: